From Bill Dudney <bdud...@mac.com>
Subject Re: [wadi-dev] activemq4 & activecluster
Date Tue, 20 Dec 2005 02:50:17 GMT
Hi Jules,

I guess - I understand that just any ole string is not a destination
but we are (or would be) using the destination Strings from
ActiveCluster. As far as I can tell we never cook our own
destinations and if we ever do actually need a destination we can use
the Cluster's createDestination method which would delegate to the
particular impl technology (i.e. if we had a multicast impl, or a
different JMS than AMQ).

As I understand the move to String it was related to Destination not
being Serializable on all platforms (i.e. sonic's Destination). So
given that and in the spirit of providing choice to our users
wouldn't it make sense to leverage the work AC has already done in
this area to achieve impl independence?

Thoughts?

TTFN,

-bd-