From Bruce Snyder <bruce.sny...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [wadi-dev] Fwd: Move to Geronimo Incubator - PAUSED.
Date Tue, 20 Dec 2005 15:41:53 GMT
On 12/20/05, Geir Magnusson Jr. <geirm@apache.org> wrote:
> Taking another run at this...
>
> What's the issue w/ Geronimo 1.0?  That's almost done, and the last
> thing *that* project needs is more changes at this point.  So really
> - what's the real issue here?
>
> One thing that's different about ASF projects is that there isn't a
> Despot by name.  There are "Despot"-like people by community respect,
> and they simply are able to voice concerns and convince people that
> the way they wish to go is the right way.  You are such a person -
> you can voice your concerns, and we'll discuss and react.
>
> In this case, you just tried to take control - IMO, you can't here at
> the incubator.  In a sense, you are forking it back to Codehaus.
> This would be a terrible outcome.
>
> I didn't know the issues you raised (maybe I should have) and am
> happy to help do what I can to get them fixed.  So, please - re-think
> this and lets get things sorted and squared away now...

Well said, Geir. Speaking as a member of the sponsoring PMC,
completely stopping the move and reverting to the Codeahaus CVS repo
at this point will not look good to the Incubator. Here's a suggestion
- rather than stopping the entire move, how about we identify
outstanding issues, create JIRA tasks for each of them and begin
dividing up the work? I believe we can fix every single one of these
issues in a day or two.

Bruce
);'

The Castor Project