From "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Move to Geronimo Incubator - PAUSED.
Date Tue, 20 Dec 2005 13:36:31 GMT
I took the cc to codehaus off, as I think of the list as here.

inline :

On Dec 20, 2005, at 7:55 AM, Jules Gosnell wrote:

> Guys,
>
> I am pressing the pause button on the move to the Geronimo
> incubator, until I am happy that everything that I want in place is
> there and that everything else is exactly how I want it.
>
> Right now is a very important time for WADI - Geronimo-1.0 is
> imminent.
>
> We don't have working integrations with Geronimo.

How is that germane to the move to ASF?

> Our website is out of date/missing, depending on which server you
> look at.

We should have the website here, and point the codehaus one here.

> Our CVS history has not been imported into ASF SVN - only the
> current versions - so we cannot move forward there, or fix bugs.

That's nuts - IMO that's the only thing that should have been done,
not a current snapshot but all history.

> There is confusion as to which list dev people should be on, let
> alone users.

Given you keep cc-ing the codehaus lists, I don't blame them.  Cut
off the codehaus list.

> We have not had discussions about JIRA, the Wiki, Fisheye and
> anything else that CodeHaus has that ASF has not, or vice versa.

JIRA is here. There's a WIKI here.  Lets talk about the rest.

> We have not considered mailing list archives.

What's the issue?

> etc...
>
> Everyone is busy running around cutting the project in half at the
> one time we should be thoroughly together.

> The Geronimo release notes give wadi.codehaus.org as the location
> of the WADI project, and it will be here, in one piece when our
> public start arriving.
>
> The chaotic approach to project management has failed.
>
> I am awarding myself military command and declaring martial law.
>
> This in no way detracts from the stirling work done by those who
> have been sorting out our move to the incubator, for which I am
> very grateful. All that work will bear fruit when we finally do
> move to the incubator in an orderly and well coordinated manner.

Seems like we are one good focused day or so away from that.  Why not
resolve to just move forward and get this done...

geir

geirm@apache.org