From Bill Dudney <bdud...@apache.org>
Subject [proposal] Re: [long but important] importing cvs history
Date Tue, 27 Dec 2005 11:51:55 GMT
Hi Jules,

I have no problem with you taking on this piece.

I think its better to perform the (pre-migration) changes you suggest
in SVN though for a several reasons;
-- History - as you move packages around you will loose history in CVS
-- Maven 2 Changes - as the changes are redone to get us back on the
m2 standard layout you will loose more history
-- Team - the rest of the team is ready to help but having this two
repository story is slowing/stopping everyone - we need a resolution
asap
-- Changes - The existing changes (m2 & amq4) against the code base
are going to be lost the sooner we can get the changes redone the
sooner we can start to validate the changes in amq4 against the
peer:// protocol.

I think Bruce can get the migration of CVS history over to a new SVN
repo on Apache in short order. Why don't we let him do that so that
you will not loose any more history.

Bruce - I have the history of changes that I did against the Apache
SVN so deleting the Apache SVN and building a new one containing the
history would be fine.

Thanks for the pointer to the thread on general@incubator from what
I've read (as you suggested) its OK to import (L)GPL related code so
we should probably just do it.

This is more or less approach 2 outlined in my original message
(except for additional changes against CVS on codehaus). I would like
for us to get started on the move to using only Apache SVN asap.

So I propose that we move the code and history over now with Jules at
the helm and Bruce providing logistic support.
[ ] +1 - lets get the move done asap
[ ] 0 - don't care either way
[ ] -1 - lets perform the changes on codehaus CVS

TTFN,

Bill Dudney
MyFaces - myfaces.apache.org
Wadi - incubator.apache.org/wadi