From Gianni Scenini <gianni.scen...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [wadi-dev] TIMEOUT AGAIN! : Re: WADI - Move to Geronimo Incubator
Date Thu, 22 Dec 2005 07:01:39 GMT
Geir,
I think we are a good group and as a group we want the best for WADI.
We do have a common goal to achieve.
These things happen only  to projects where people are truly dedicated
and really care about it, even too much, which to me is the key
differentiators over other projects.
So that is another good thing to me.
That is a guarantee of quality and commitment that always results in
superior software.
What we want to deliver is  the state of the art, nothing less than
that! We are far from that
but we are working on that and as far as I am concerned my
expectations are getting higher and higher and since I hate to get
disappointed about software I deliver, we will make sure we all feel
comfortable in what we deliver.
What Jules did was an act of protectionism to WADI. At least how I
have perceived it and because of that I did not condemn him for that
or felt excluded or insulted by that.
I understood the context and his strong feelings about WADI.
I always talk to Jules and he is always ready to listen and change his mind.
A moment of high blood pressure + keyboard being easily reachable
might result in some sort of impulsive flush out communication without
modelling (^-^) ...we all know that.

As far as I am concerned, I care about WADI as much as Jules for many
reasons. I do know how much work Jules put on this from the beginning
and whatever I can do to help I will.
I also remember how many days we spent at some Cafes talking about
architectural designs over and over.
I do also see how dedicated other members are and keen to get involved
and progress on it.
This to me is a great and unique thing in a team/project , do not you
think so Geir ?

Having said that, I agree we do need to be on the same page in order
to take advantage of all those good things instead of letting them
disrupt the project which would be quite stupid. We all agree to make
WADI a successful project.
What it seems we are not in complete synched is the short intermediate
steps to get there. Right now we are in the limbo but to get out  it
is as easy as choosing one of the following options and stick with
that

a) We fix the outstanding issues and THEN move to APACHE
b) We move to APACHE and THEN fix the issues
c) We move to APACHE AND meantime fix the issues

Lets put some pros and cons for each option, evaluate them carefully,
agree on which one we should go for and start working on it without
getting lost and waste our time walking around the tree!

-Gianni