From Greg Wilkins <gr...@mortbay.com>
Subject Re: genericizing wadi deployment in geronimo
Date Fri, 23 Dec 2005 22:44:01 GMT
Jules Gosnell wrote:
> Would the spring xml need translating into gbean xml, or be passed as a
> value to a single gbean attribute ?
>
> The advantage of having a single WEB-INF/wadi-web.xml, is that it can be
> used to deploy the app on any number of container/app-server combinations.
>
> I am very wary of going down any path which ceases to share a single
> common config with all other paths.

Jules,

the problem with keeping wadi-web.xml in geronimo and not having a
GBean is that you really make WADI a second class citizen of
geronimo.

To have a GBean means that you will be able to link up with the
G mechanism for dependancies, management, monitoring etc. etc.

To have wadi configured via WEB-INF also makes very little
sense if you cluster EJBs without any webapplication at all.

> my main concern at the moment, still unresolved, is how we include
> configs for both Jetty and TC in the same WEB-INF/geronimo-web.xml - has
> anyone other than me tried this ? have they had any success ? how ?

I agree this needs to be fixed, for non-geronimo deployments.
I think the way forward is to remove the session manager and session ID
selection from this file.   This is both container specific and also
is related to webapps (and thus not applicable to ejb clustering etc.)

The same split will work for GBeans.

cheers