From Jules Gosnell <ju...@coredevelopers.net>
Subject Re: [wadi-dev] Move to Geronimo Incubator - PAUSED.
Date Tue, 20 Dec 2005 13:28:03 GMT
with this in mind, I am also placing a hold on any moves to decommission
the codehaus based mailing lists.

if you have already unsubscribed from these lists, you will want to
resubscribe.

I will not be switching over to the asf based lists until the rest of
the project is ready to go too.

thanks,

Jules

Jules Gosnell wrote:

> Guys,
>
> I am pressing the pause button on the move to the Geronimo incubator,
> until I am happy that everything that I want in place is there and
> that everything else is exactly how I want it.
>
> Right now is a very important time for WADI - Geronimo-1.0 is imminent.
>
> We don't have working integrations with Geronimo.
> Our website is out of date/missing, depending on which server you look
> at.
> Our CVS history has not been imported into ASF SVN - only the current
> versions - so we cannot move forward there, or fix bugs.
> There is confusion as to which list dev people should be on, let alone
> users.
> We have not had discussions about JIRA, the Wiki, Fisheye and anything
> else that CodeHaus has that ASF has not, or vice versa.
> We have not considered mailing list archives.
> etc...
>
> Everyone is busy running around cutting the project in half at the one
> time we should be thoroughly together.
>
> The Geronimo release notes give wadi.codehaus.org as the location of
> the WADI project, and it will be here, in one piece when our public
> start arriving.
>
> The chaotic approach to project management has failed.
>
> I am awarding myself military command and declaring martial law.
>
> This in no way detracts from the stirling work done by those who have
> been sorting out our move to the incubator, for which I am very
> grateful. All that work will bear fruit when we finally do move to the
> incubator in an orderly and well coordinated manner.
>

> Jules
>
> P.S.
>
> There is no vote here - but a few +1s would not go amiss :-)

crystallises out around it."

 * Jules Gosnell
 * Partner
 * Core Developers Network (Europe)