From Jules Gosnell <ju...@coredevelopers.net>
Subject Move to Geronimo Incubator - PAUSED.
Date Tue, 20 Dec 2005 12:55:16 GMT

Guys,

I am pressing the pause button on the move to the Geronimo incubator,
until I am happy that everything that I want in place is there and that
everything else is exactly how I want it.

Right now is a very important time for WADI - Geronimo-1.0 is imminent.

We don't have working integrations with Geronimo.
Our website is out of date/missing, depending on which server you look at.
Our CVS history has not been imported into ASF SVN - only the current
versions - so we cannot move forward there, or fix bugs.
There is confusion as to which list dev people should be on, let alone
users.
We have not had discussions about JIRA, the Wiki, Fisheye and anything
else that CodeHaus has that ASF has not, or vice versa.
We have not considered mailing list archives.
etc...

Everyone is busy running around cutting the project in half at the one
time we should be thoroughly together.

The Geronimo release notes give wadi.codehaus.org as the location of the
WADI project, and it will be here, in one piece when our public start
arriving.

The chaotic approach to project management has failed.

I am awarding myself military command and declaring martial law.

This in no way detracts from the stirling work done by those who have
been sorting out our move to the incubator, for which I am very
grateful. All that work will bear fruit when we finally do move to the
incubator in an orderly and well coordinated manner.

Jules

P.S.

There is no vote here - but a few +1s would not go amiss :-)

crystallises out around it."

 * Jules Gosnell
 * Partner
 * Core Developers Network (Europe)