From Jules Gosnell <ju...@coredevelopers.net>
Subject Re: [wadi-dev] Time for a name change?
Date Mon, 19 Dec 2005 10:20:53 GMT

I came up with a new acronym for WADI (only a slight change) on a beer
fuelled evening in San Diego last week.

I wanted to see if it stood up to examination in the cold harsh light of
day....

"Web Application Distribution Infrastructure" -> "WADI Application
Distribution Infrastructure" i.e. "an application distribution
infrastructure that is called WADI".

It's a self-referential acronym a la 'GNU' - bound to cause
head-scratching amongst the non-initiated and perhaps a trifle 'up
itself' (like me :-) ), but ... also a move away from a web-oriented
name that causes minimal disturbance...

Comments ?

Jules

crystallises out around it."