From Eldon Carman <ecarm...@ucr.edu>
Subject Re: Issue with adding XML Node IDs
Date Sat, 06 Apr 2013 03:19:13 GMT
Thanks for your feedback. I found the issue in the path step. Each time a
new tree is created based on the path step and the process was not
considering if the previous tree had node ids. Still have an other error to
track down but this issue is resolved.

I do have a question about IDs. Each node tree gets a long value for its
ID. The elements in the node have a int value  for their ID. How are we
going to use the IDs to keep document order? Also when we create a new path
step node tree, what ID should this receive? The element id is only 4 bytes
while the parent node tree is 8 bytes. How do these two types of IDs work
together?