From Till Westmann <t...@westmann.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache VXQuery Incubating 0.2 (RC2)
Date Thu, 14 Mar 2013 05:30:08 GMT
Hi Jochen,

if I get this right then the JavaDoc report would be the only thing that changes the source.
Is that right?

Also, I'm a little confused about the binary artifacts. Maybe you can help me to understand.

If we release binary artifacts, they would be derived from a released source code, right?
If we have released (clean) source code, how can we create and distribute binary artifacts
that contain no surprises? Is there a controlled build environment somewhere that we can use?

Also, could you give us some pointers on how binary artifacts are usually built and distributed?

Thanks,
Till