From Till Westmann <t...@westmann.org>
Subject Re: Making a release
Date Thu, 11 Oct 2012 01:24:11 GMT
Hi Jochen,

On Oct 1, 2012, at 11:55 PM, Till Westmann <till@westmann.org> wrote:

> On Sep 27, 2012, at 12:57 AM, Jochen Wiedmann <jochen.wiedmann@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Sep 26, 2012 at 7:37 AM, Vinayak Borkar <vborky@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Is there a set of standard Maven build plugins that we can use to create the
>>> distribution files so that we comply with IPMC requirements?
>>
>> Yes, there is. I should be able to work on that in the next days. Ping
>> me, if you don't see any work till Oct-6, or so.
>
> We're making some progress on getting things together. We hope that things
> will be good enough by Oct 6 so that you can spend your time on reviewing
> what've got (instead of teaching us how to do it ..).

We're trying to make things release-able in the vxquery_0_2_staging branch.
So far we're able to produce some source archives using "mvn assembly:assembly" and I've verified
that
a) the unpacked archives build and run and
b) that building an archive from the archived version again yields an archive with the same
content (the unpacked archives yield the same files, but the archives themselves are not bit-by-bit
identical).

So I think that now we need to
a) make sure that all necessary files are in the archive and that
b) all files that are in the archive are ok and that
c) we sign and upload the archives to a place where they can be reviewed.

Is that correct?

I think that I know how to manually sign and upload these archives.
But it seems that it would be nicer, if maven did all of this for us.
Do you agree?
If so, do you know of a project where things are done this way that we could use as an example?

Thanks,
Till