From Eldon Carman <ecarm...@ucr.edu>
Subject Queries to Test Basic Parallelization
Date Fri, 28 Sep 2012 21:52:59 GMT
What do you think about these basic queries to start looking at parallelization?

All Results
collection("weather")

Aggregation on All Results
count(collection("weather")/current_observation)

Filtered Results
collection("weather")/current_observation[temp_f>90]

Aggregation on Filtered Result
count(collection("weather")/current_observation[temp_f>90])

I think we could come up with a query like the average temperature
from each state. Although the current weather file does not easily
support that query. Do you think these are good starting queries?

Also found a good FLWOR example from W3Schools. Nice example with
filtering and ordering.

for $x in doc("books.xml")/bookstore/book
where $x/price>30
order by $x/title
return $x/title