From Eldon Carman <ecarm...@ucr.edu>
Subject Google Summer Of Code Update
Date Tue, 17 Jul 2012 01:51:42 GMT
The issue list has been growing over the summer for coding issues related
to Google Summer Of Code. As we reviewed this list, most of the issue were
cross related and could all be wrapped up. Over the two last weeks, I have
create new patches and committed code to complete each of the open Google
Summer Of Code open issues. This involved completing the date, time,
datetime, and decimal pointables. In addition, the string functions needed
a few bug fixes or code updates to made them consistent and remove some
known bugs. The last part was implementing arithmetic and comparison for
all types defined in the XQuery specification.

Now I am moved on to working on the cast functionality for each type
defined: http://www.w3.org/TR/xquery-operators/#casting

Since I now am now a VXQuery committer, jira group access is the only
missing permission. Currently I am not in the VXQuery group. This means no
tickets can be assigned to me and the open tickets can not be closed by me.