From Vinayak Borkar <vbo...@yahoo.com>
Subject Fwd: Re: VXQuery Mentors
Date Mon, 02 Jul 2012 22:19:59 GMT
Here is a response from Jukka. Cezar, will you be willing to be a mentor?

Thanks,
Vinayak

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: VXQuery Mentors
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2012 00:03:54 +0200
From: Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitting@gmail.com>
To: general@incubator.apache.org

Hi,

On Mon, Jul 2, 2012 at 7:10 AM, Vinayak Borkar <vborky@yahoo.com> wrote:
> We had started a vote (on 05/26/2012) to bring on board a new committer
> (Preston Carman) who has been submitting high-quality patches. While the
> vote got +1s from all the current VXQuery committers (four of us), we have
> not heard from any of our mentors. So the vote itself is stuck.

I looked at the vote and the candidate and everything looks good to
me, so I'll send my +1 to vxquery-private@ to close the loop. That'll
be enough to make the vote pass as mentioned in [1]: "To be successful
the vote requires at least one +1 from a podling mentor, or, if no
mentors are available, from an Incubator PMC member."

[1] http://incubator.apache.org/guides/ppmc.html#Voting+in+a+new+committer

> I am not sure what we should do at this time. Any guidance will be
> appreciated.

You'll need new mentors to help you through the rest of the incubation
process.

I notice one of your committers, Cezar Andrei, is an ASF member and
the PMC chair of XMLBeans, so if he's interested I think he'd be a
great candidate to take over at least some of the mentor tasks.

Anyone else interested in helping VXQuery?

BR,

Jukka Zitting