From Vinayak Borkar <vbo...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r906965 [1/3] - in /incubator/vxquery/trunk/vxquery/src: main/java/org/apache/vxquery/api/ main/java/org/apache/vxquery/compiler/expression/ main/java/org/apache/vxquery/compiler/rewriter/ main/java/org/apache/vxquery/compiler/rewriter/fram...
Date Sun, 07 Feb 2010 00:56:54 GMT
Till Westmann wrote:
> Very nice, one submission and we've got an optimizer :)
>
> It seems that we got rid of the OOM in the  XQTS with these optimizations.
> Is that right?

Currently the optimizer has only three rules:
1. Eliminate Let clauses whose variables are unused.
2. Substitute X instanceof Y with a constant using static type analysis.
3. if (true) THEN else ELSE -> THEN, and if (false) THEN else ELSE -> ELSE.

I do not know if this is sufficient to eliminate the OOM. I was never
able to see the OOM because I run a 64bit VM and the default amount of
heap is good enough to run the XQTS. The problem with the long running
query still exists. I still need to write the rules to introduce
subsequence() in place of the $pos eq intvalue.

Vinayak