incubator-vcl-dev mailing list archives

From Norma P Estrella <normapestre...@yahoo.com>
Subject Remove me
Date Fri, 15 Apr 2011 15:03:26 GMT

Norma P. Estrella, xoxo
Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 15, 2011, at 7:14 AM, Milen P Paskov <mppaskov@us.ibm.com> wrote:

> Hello community,
>
> I would like to bring some more attention to this topic as the module has taken shape.
>
> The idea behind this module is that university as well as anyone else interested in VCL
will be able to have access to additional resources. Hardware can be expensive and not everyone
can afford to buy some just to test VCL. Using this module one can set up VCL on a local machine
or one on IBM Cloud and provision images on the IBM Cloud. Images on IBM Cloud can be modified
and saved just like a regular VCL. In addition the module can be used to increase the capacity
of of currently operational VCL.

> Currently the module is fully functional with Linux images and can provision Windows
images, but it can not save the Windows images. The module has been tested within IBM, but
we are looking for ways to try and test on a production VCL.

> Best Regards,
> Milen Paskov
> WSTI Intern
> mppaskov@us.ibm.com
>
> Aaron Peeler ---12/10/2010 02:54:51 PM---Hi Xianqing, Sounds great, look forward to seeing
it (hopefully it will get IBM

> From:	Aaron Peeler <aaron_peeler@ncsu.edu>
> To:	vcl-dev@incubator.apache.org
> Date:	12/10/2010 02:54 PM
> Subject:	Re: The CCMP module for IBM Cloud
>

> Hi Xianqing,
>
> Sounds great, look forward to seeing it (hopefully it will get IBM
> approval for donation).
>
> Aaron
>
> On 12/10/10 10:49 AM, Xianqing Yu wrote:
> > Hello VCL community,
> >
> > I have been working on a new provisioning module (ccmp module) for VCL. With this
module the VCL will be able to provision instances on the IBM Developer Could.  Milen Paskov
was working on the project, and now I take over it. I updated the module and now the module
is under the testing. I think we can contribute ccmp module and  documentation relative to
the module to VCL community in January next year.