incubator-vcl-dev mailing list archives

From Josh Thompson <josh_thomp...@ncsu.edu>
Subject Re: [RESULT][VOTE] release VCL 2.2.1 - voting based on RC2
Date Mon, 04 Apr 2011 17:31:02 GMT

Okay, we'll try this again.  Given the following votes with voting based on
RC2, the Apache VCL community has voted to release Apache VCL 2.2.1:

+1 Josh Thompson
+1 Aaron Peeler
+1 David Creech
+1 Bradley Bigham
+1 Mike Waldron
+1 Alex Patterson
+1 Patrick Sigmon
+1 Art Vandenberg
+1 Henry Schaffer

That totals +9.  I should have the email to the IPMC list calling for a vote
there send out shortly.

Again, there must be at least three +1 votes cast by Incubator PMC members
with the majority of them being positive.  The archives for that list are
still in the same place: ;)

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-general/

Josh

On Thursday March 31, 2011, Josh Thompson wrote:
> There were a couple of bugs found related to IE that kept graphs from being
> displayed that seemed worth fixing before doing a release.  I'm starting a
> different thread to vote again based on RC2 to make it easier to tally
> votes.
>
> This is basically the same email as before except with RC1 changed to RC2.
> There were 2 JIRA issues resolved for RC2:
>
> * [VCL-439] - trailing commas in statistics.js keeps graphs from showing in
> IE on stats page
> * [VCL-440] - dashboard last 12 hours of reservations graph not positioned
>               correctly in IE in compatibility mode
>
> In mid January, the community decided to go ahead with a release of 2.2.1
> to get a lot of bug fixes out.  We've finally gotten to the point of doing
> the release.
>
> I created a release artifact based off of trunk.  I copied trunk to a tag
> under the tags area of the repo that is named release-2.2.1-RC2:
>
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/vcl/tags/release-2.2.1-RC2/
>
> The artifact is an export from that tag with the addition of Dojo Toolkit
> version 1.5.0 bundled in the web code.  The artifact, MD5 and SHA1 sums,
> and my GPG signature of it are available from my space on people.a.o:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~jfthomps/apache-VCL-2.2.1-RC2-incubating/
>
> The list of resolved JIRA issues associated with this release can be found
> on the VCL 2.2.1 release page:
>
> http://cwiki.apache.org/VCL/vcl-221-unreleased.html
>
> Installation instructions are on the Confluence site and in the
> INSTALLATION file included in the artifact.
>
> I have completed a test install of all parts and was able to successfully
> create, capture, and deploy a base image.
>
> The directory created by extracting the RC2 artifact is
> "apache-VCL-2.2.1-RC2- incubating".  Licensing information about perl and
> its required modules, php and its required modules, and mysql are stated
> as "system requirements" according to the information under "System
> Requirements" on
> http://www.apache.org/legal/3party.html.
>
> Please vote by noon (EDT) on Monday, 4/1 to publish this release (this
> allows for 3 business days to vote).  Please note that anyone in the VCL
> community is allowed to vote.
>
> [ ] +1 yes, release VCL 2.2.1
> [ ] 0 dunno
> [ ] -1 no, don't release VCL 2.2.1 (provide reasons if this is your vote)
>
> Josh
- --
Josh Thompson
VCL Developer