incubator-triplesoup-dev mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <m...@leosimons.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r508946 - in /incubator/triplesoup/code/trunk: release-settings.sh release.sh
Date Sun, 18 Feb 2007 21:30:05 GMT
On Feb 18, 2007, at 8:24 PM, David Reid wrote:
> leosimons@apache.org wrote:
>> Author: leosimons
>> Date: Sun Feb 18 11:19:07 2007
>> New Revision: 508946

>> Log:
>> Basic release management scripts. Tee-hee.
>
> Getting a bit ambitious aren't we? :-)

Heh :-)

There's actually a bit of sanity to it: I'm trying to get a lot of
"incubator basics" out of the way as soon as possible so that I can
focus on more fun things. And since we're pretty much waiting for the
paperwork to be done, it gives me something to do in the meantime!

After revision 509008, our mighty release.sh script helps to produce
releases that comply with release policies, incubator policies, legal
policies, and various apache release process best practices; the fact
that those releases contain only three files (README.txt, NOTICE.txt,
LICENSE.txt) is just a small detail ;)

(oh, and this is relevant to incubation, since the Incubator PMC
tends to be pretty strong on making sure projects dot i's and cross
t's when doing releases (mostly legal-stuff-related nitpicking).)

ciao!

- Leo