From Craig L Russell <craig.russ...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: Incubator to Tashi community:
Date Mon, 12 Aug 2013 18:58:00 GMT
Hi Richard,

Tashi looks like it suffers from "good enough" syndrome.

It works well enough for its intended purpose and doesn't aspire to greatness, so there is
little development activity.

In order for the project to be successful at Apache, it should have a community of users and
developers who can collaborate and evolve the project. At the least, it must have three or
more developers who are active and can prepare and vote on releases.

With about 30 subscribers to dev and 30 subscribers to user, it sounds like there is interest
in the project.

Are any of the subscribers to dev and/or user willing to take more of an active role in developing
and sustaining the project?

Craig

On Aug 12, 2013, at 11:45 AM, Richard Gass wrote:

> Hi roman.
>
> I can prepare the report.  Would you be able to tell us if we can
> graduate or be retired since, although there is a good number of users
> using the system, not much is happening in terms of development at the
> moment.  Please let us know what the next steps should be. If there
> are others that think differently, please speak up.
>
> Thanks
>
> --
> Richard  +34 638162155
> Sent from my mobile device
>
> On Aug 12, 2013, at 20:36, Roman Shaposhnik <rvs@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> Guys,
>>
>> any chance somebody can take care of the
>> August report?
>>   https://wiki.apache.org/incubator/August2013
>>
>> On a more general note -- I've noticed a total
>> radio silence on the official dev mailing list -- am
>> I looking at the wrong place?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Roman.

Craig L Russell