From Michael Stroucken <...@cmu.edu>
Subject Re: Tashi Networking Issue
Date Sat, 17 Dec 2011 00:21:17 GMT
Kushal Dalmia wrote:
> Hi Micheal,
>
> We figured that out and now the VMs are sshable from the cluster manager
> node.
> However, we have a small discrepancy which we want to confirm. When we
> create a new VM, we see a log at the primitive scheduler which specifies
> the IP address associated with the new VM. However, when we see our DHCP
> logs we see that the DHCP IP address request received for the VM is
> different from the one seen in the log (both are however from the IP range
> specified in the config). Also, the VM gets the latter IP address and is
> sshable using that. Is there something wrong with our setup or is this the
> expected behavior?

Hi Kushal,

How many dhcp servers do you have on your network? There can be only
one, and you must have set up host registration (that whole omshell
thing) to get that to work. If that is properly set up, then take a look
at the dhcp server logs to see if something is precluding the use of
that IP address (like another machine has a lease on it), finally see
whether there is a general section in your dhcp config that just hands
out ip addresses from a pool.

Greetings,
Michael.