From Michael Stroucken <...@cmu.edu>
Subject Re: Tashi Networking Issue
Date Fri, 16 Dec 2011 22:38:28 GMT
Kushal Dalmia wrote:
> Hi Micheal,
>
> The VMs cannot ping the other VMs.Also the bridge has been setup with the default delay
etc.
> I think what is wrong is the routing on host B. I ran a tcpdump on B and tried to ping
A from the VM. I can see the packets on B coming from the bridge but nowhere to be forwarded.

> Another point to note is that the interface with the required subnet (i.e. the subnet
of the VMs and the bridge IP addresses) is a virtual interface and not a physical card. The
hosts A,B and C actually belong to a diff subnet physically. But we want a new subnet for
the VMs and the virtual bridges. Any pointers towards how to setup such a config would be
greatly helpful. The end result we want is just that the VMs belong to a different subnet
than the physical hosts and still be able to ping each other and all the hosts.

Hi Kushal,

If you are moving data between bridges or interfaces; have you turned ip
routing on?

Greetings,
Michael.