From "Kushal Dalmia" <kdal...@andrew.cmu.edu>
Subject Re: Issues with CreateVM
Date Sun, 23 Oct 2011 21:47:55 GMT
Please see inline comments.

On Sun, October 23, 2011 5:10 pm, Michael Stroucken wrote:
> Kushal Dalmia wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>

>> We have setup Tashi on a local machine and are running the node manager
>>  and cluster manager on the same machine. When we use the client to
>> create a VM, no VM gets instantiated. We do not see any errors from the
>> client, however the NodeManager(running in DEBUG = 1 mode) shows us the
>> following log:
>>

> Hi Kushal,
>

> I have to assume you are running from the latest SVN trunk if I see
> messages related to vgscratch here.
>
> Keep in mind that there is some debug output put in /tmp by the
> nodemanager currently (like /tmp/20037.{out|err}). It should have something
> there, because I see that the nodemanager tries to create VMs.

My /tmp/<pid>.err file looks like this:
/etc/qemu-ifup.1: could not launch network script
qemu-system-x86_64: -net
tap,ifname=tashi4.0,vlan=1,script=/etc/qemu-ifup.1: Device 'tap' could not
be initialized

The /etc/qemu-ifup.1 script looks like this:
#!/bin/sh

/sbin/ifconfig $1 0.0.0.0 up
/usr/sbin/brctl addif mybridge $1
exit 0

> Does the /etc/qemu-ifup.1 script exist?

Yes.

> Does the disk image exist?

Yes.

> Is the name of your emulator really /usr/local/bin/qemu-system-x86_64?

Yes.

> Also, do you know what prints those messages about leaking file
> descriptors? Probably not important, but I'd like to clean that up.

Not really sure what prints that. Will let you know if I find something.

Thanks,
Kushal