From Michael Stroucken <...@cmu.edu>
Subject Re: Issues with CreateVM
Date Sun, 23 Oct 2011 21:10:05 GMT
Kushal Dalmia wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We have setup Tashi on a local machine and are running the node manager
> and cluster manager on the same machine. When we use the client to create
> a VM, no VM gets instantiated. We do not see any errors from the client,
> however the NodeManager(running in DEBUG = 1 mode) shows us the following
> log:

Hi Kushal,

I have to assume you are running from the latest SVN trunk if I see
messages related to vgscratch here.

Keep in mind that there is some debug output put in /tmp by the
nodemanager currently (like /tmp/20037.{out|err}). It should have
something there, because I see that the nodemanager tries to create VMs.

Does the /etc/qemu-ifup.1 script exist?
Does the disk image exist?
Is the name of your emulator really /usr/local/bin/qemu-system-x86_64?

Also, do you know what prints those messages about leaking file
descriptors? Probably not important, but I'd like to clean that up.

I haven't looked at the configuration file yet, please check for the
above issues first.

Greetings,
Michael.