From hari narayanan <hari.zla...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problem with starting node manager
Date Thu, 28 Apr 2011 23:06:47 GMT
Sorry for the trouble ... We created the Vm based on the hostname found in
/etc/hosts. After creating the vm, we still get hostid->none error...
gethosts at the CM lists our laptop, but primitive.py says "Failed to
schedule or activate vm" ... vncviewer works for domU images in xen... so,
if we add the host (laptop) , then how can we vncview into it considering
its dom0?

On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 5:14 PM, Richard Gass <richardgass@gmail.com> wrote:

> Tashi doesn't use thrift anymore.  We switched to rpyc.  Install that.
>
> If you didn't have ipython installed, when you start the CM or NM, you
> would not have an active prompt, just log messages.  If you restart
> now, you should get an ipython prompt.  Can you show the output of
> data.baseDataObject.hosts now?
>
> Richard
>

> On Fri, Apr 29, 2011 at 12:10 AM, hari narayanan <hari.zlatan@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > No, but we installed it just now ... we dont have thrift installed ....
> > should we get that also ??
> >
> > And we always start CM as u said ....
> >

> > On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 4:49 PM, Richard Gass <richardgass@gmail.com>
> wrote: