From Michael Stroucken <...@cmu.edu>
Subject Re: Problem with starting node manager
Date Mon, 18 Apr 2011 22:32:55 GMT
hari narayanan wrote:
> Is it true that the VM will be allocated an IP automatically when it
> is created using the "*tashi-client.py createVm*" command if i have
> setup a bridge and DHCP server in my host system ?? In the
> documentation, this is not indicated very clearly . Sorry for
> troubling with repeated emails
Hi Hari,

If you have set up a bridge on the host, the VM will join and request an
address if you have the image set up to obtain an address via dhcp. If
you don't control the dhcp server, you can insert a short script into
your machine's startup files to send you the IP address it obtained.

Qemu needs a network configuration script for each vlan. Is this
mentioned in the documentation? Here's a sample one for a vlan 272 and
bridge called br272.
cirrus2u20:~# more /etc/qemu-ifup.272
#!/bin/sh

#echo $* >/tmp/args