From Robert Gibbon <robert.gib...@cloudhowe.com>
Subject Some questions
Date Thu, 30 Sep 2010 17:09:48 GMT
Hi team Tashi

I just found your project and it looks really interesting, albeit in
the early phases. I've got some questions for you, if you've got time,
maybe you can answer them...

* I can see that all of the nodes need to have access to a common
backend filesystem to get the machine images. How difficult would it
be to leverage a pxe boot server instead? What problems can you see
with that?

* What are your thoughts on dynamic bare metal provisioning (hence the
above question)?

At my work we've got lots of (old school) vertically scaling
implementations that simply don't perform to the required
specification under a hypervisor (we've proven it). We can't be the
only organisation with that problem.

I remember chatting to a cloud services vendor who said outright that
running a busy rdbms under a hypervisor is a very very bad idea.

My humble, bare metal cloud provisioning in addition to virtual
provisioning is definitely the way to go.

Last question, are you looking for some help?

Regards all
Robert