From "Gass, Richard" <richard.g...@intel.com>
Subject RE: Issue creating vm using tashi
Date Tue, 28 Sep 2010 18:10:31 GMT
I think your problem may be the -disks option.  You should just specify only the disk image
name.  The path is specified in the config file.

AS for debugging, you can start the node manager like DEBUG=1 ./nodemanager.py, you can see
some messages display to the screen.

From: deepa diwakar [mailto:deepa.diwakar1@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, September 27, 2010 12:20 PM
To: tashi-user@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Issue creating vm using tashi

Hi,

We tried to create vm using tashi client

./bin/tashi-client.py createVm --userId 0 --name tashimg6 --disks /vm-images/sample/disk.img

{

    hostId: None

    name: tashimg6

    vmId: None

    decayed: False

    disks: [

        {'uri': '/vm-images/sample/disk.img', 'persistent': False}

    ]

    userId: 0

    groupName: None

    state: Pending

    nics: [

        {'ip': None, 'mac': '52:54:00:bb:aa:3f', 'network': 1}

    ]

    memory: 128

    cores: 1

    id: 1

    hints: {}

}

we specified userId to  be 0 corresponding to root user.

It ran without any errors.However, when we tried to call 'xm list' command it does not show
the newly created vm.

We have configured the tashiDefaults file for XenPV.Can anyone suggest what could be going
wrong?

Where do error messages get logged so we can check them out?Is there any way to debug this
to figure out what could be the issue?

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Deepa and Shobha