From Michael Stroucken <mxs+apa...@cmu.edu>
Subject [VOTE] Retire Apache Tashi
Date Wed, 04 Sep 2013 20:27:53 GMT
Hi,

I'd like to call an explicit vote from PPMC and Tashi-interested IPMC
members in regards to retiring the Apache Tashi incubating project.

The subject came up some times before on incubator.apache.org, but at
least for me, my other commitments picked off enough of my time, so I
never got around to proposing it here.

The incubator board meeting this month will move to retire the project,
so I feel it would be better if we could put our acknowledgement on the
obvious and inevitable, and make this a mutual decision of the Apache
PPMC and the IPMC.

There are already several instances of Tashi on Github, and anybody
interested can contribute there. Cross-pollination of improvements
between instances would be easy.

The motion up for vote is: "I move to retire the Apache Tashi project
from incubation".

I guess five days is a sufficient voting period, majority rules.

Thanks again to the community, all contributors and developers, our
mentors and the incubator!
Michael.