From Richard Gass <richardg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: new client option
Date Wed, 13 Jun 2012 21:24:05 GMT
Sorry for the out of order mails.   Hi Babu, its been a long time:D.
I believe Babu brings up a valid concern regarding clustermanager
access.  I think this setting of the host state should be restricted
either to physical access to the clustermanager or via authentication
(better than what is implemented now), or a different admin client
interface.  I know that in my environment (and probably yours), I can
trust my users but in others, I am not sure this would be the case.

For me it seem like a convenience feature for the admin to make state
changes via the client, but for the users, it doesn't really make too
much sense to have this control.  Actually, users should not have any
control over the physical machine in my opinion.

Richard

--
Richard Gass