From Michael Stroucken <...@cmu.edu>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1347602 - /incubator/tashi/trunk/src/tashi/nodemanager/vmcontrol/qemu.py
Date Thu, 07 Jun 2012 19:49:09 GMT
Eric VS wrote:
> Hi Michael,
>
> How was your vacation? I hope you enjoyed it. I assume you back 'state
> side' so let's get going...
>
> The problem with the code you had was that it wiped out all LVs which is
> not good at all in case you have more then one VM running on the same host.
> The changes Richard made accomplish that only the LV used by a particular
> VM gets deleted, leaving the rest alone.

Hi Eric,

I just got back yesterday, it was nice thank you, but I have to get used
to the time change again.

At least on my systems, lvremove will not remove open volumes. Did this
actually happen in your installation? Here, lvremove did a cleanup of
unused LVs when a VM exited, and left active ones alone.

I guess you would have lost if you had put non-tashi LVs on that VG, and
not had those mounted.

Being specific about what LV to remove is great, but if for some reason
the nodemanager mishandles a VM going away, the LVs will continue to hog
space.

Greetings,
Michael.