From Michael Stroucken <mxs+apa...@cmu.edu>
Subject IPMC release vote on Apache Tashi 201202-incubating
Date Thu, 01 Mar 2012 03:49:25 GMT
Our two active mentors have voted +1 on our release proposal, but three
votes were needed. I think we should probably try to recruit a
replacement mentor. While I don't think projects under incubation are
required to have three mentors, the project is not of general enough
interest to get other people with binding votes to check it out.

At this point, I'd feel better rolling a new release incorporating the
bugfixes and improvements of the past few weeks.

There currently is no change in wire protocol; the new shutdownMany
function is implemented via the client. Therefore, users of the current
stable branch or release candidate can do a staggered deployment.

 From what I see on other votes on iao, it may be possible to propose
another release candidate to iao directly, without having to call for a
vote here again. Is my understanding of this correct?

Greetings,
Michael.