From "Kozuch, Michael A" <michael.a.koz...@intel.com>
Subject RE: suspending machines in Tashi
Date Fri, 23 Mar 2012 20:41:44 GMT
RETRACTION:  I thought the copying under discussion was in the migration path.  Somehow I read
"migrate" rather than "suspend".  MichaelS's solution seems reasonable.

Mike

-----Original Message-----
From: Kozuch, Michael A [mailto:michael.a.kozuch@intel.com]
Sent: Friday, March 23, 2012 3:48 PM
To: tashi-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: RE: suspending machines in Tashi

I recall that there was an issue, but I don't recall what it was.

I do agree, though, that two copies seems unnecessary.  Another solution might be to store
the snapshot locally, and then send directly to the local disk on the target client.  It's
possible that this approach would be more scalable in that, if I were to migrate 100 VMs,
they wouldn't necessarily all use the same resource.

Mike