From Michael Stroucken <mxs+apa...@cmu.edu>
Subject Re: Making a release
Date Wed, 08 Feb 2012 06:00:18 GMT
I merged the proposed code for release back into trunk, and then on to
the stable branch. My release proposal is revised to state: "A release
should be made from the 'stable' branch."

Major changes since last time include reasonably complete setup
documentation on how to set up a one host or multi-host Tashi cluster,
and from the Apache administrative side a proposed release policy. The
release policy was adapted from "A guide to release management during
incubation (DRAFT)" available from Apache. The policy provides guidance
on what must be done to satisfy Apache and Apache Incubator, a checklist
on release generation and other information.

Please comment.

Also at this time, I'm asking all developers to add their gpg keys into
the KEYS file in www.apache.org/dist/incubator/tashi, and to place those
keys on public keyservers. We should cross-sign them subject to proper
web-of-trust procedures.

Thanks,
Michael.