From Michael Stroucken <mxs+apa...@cmu.edu>
Subject Re: Making a release
Date Tue, 17 Jan 2012 00:15:06 GMT
Richard Gass wrote:
> I would like to make sure it is not site specific.  Can you confirm
> that it installs and works in a newly setup environment with minimal
> changes.  Ideally, you install the software and it works out of the
> box for the general user.

I installed Tashi today using the install procedure I posted to the
mailing list last year. Installation was in a VM on my laptop.
I need to amend it by using the -rp flag for cp when copying the code to
the install location (but that could be omitted by running it in place).
Also, the config file changes could be clearer.
If using a basic config, the user needs to have the machine's hostname
be "localhost".
The code needs to be changed to not throw an error if not using scratch
disks. In the stablefix branch, this breaks the scan info dir loop. In
the stroucki-accounting branch, the errors are still thrown, but the
loop survives.

As for upgrading an installation, the nodemanager in the
stroucki-accounting branch was able to take over VMs that were started
when the cluster was running under the stablefix branch, so that worked out.
> I had problems and had to make changes last time I tried to setup the
> system.  This is my main concern.

What kind of changes? Like using the new RpyC?

Greetings,
Michael