From Michael Stroucken <mxs+apa...@cmu.edu>
Subject Making a release
Date Sat, 14 Jan 2012 00:17:44 GMT
Hi,

I think we should cut a release of the project. I propose we base it on
what is in branch "stroucki-accounting". As a fallback, there is the
"stablefix" branch, which does not have a separate accounting service
and is missing the updates from mid-December on that reduce state
syncing between the CM, the NM and the VMM.

I believe I have tested all client commands this past week, and they are
working, with significant slowness apparent when VMs are moved or
stored, due to network and disk limits in my environment. KVM also may
have undergone format changes between the different versions I have
here, so migration may not work well yet.

We have been urged to make more progress in releasing progressing to
graduation. The official Apache Incubator documentation and input I
received from general@incubator is in favor of a release of code
regardless if some problems may still be present.

I'd like to get whatever input I can before I put this up officially for
a PPMC vote.

Thanks,
Michael.