From "David O'Hallaron" <d...@cs.cmu.edu>
Subject Re: Destination host unreachable
Date Tue, 02 Aug 2011 18:20:16 GMT
Hi guys,
I was able to characterize my problem better, but I'm still not sure
why it is happening:

For any instance created on one particular host (called roughshark),
the instance boots up OK and gets a valid IP address. But for some
reason, the DNS thinks it has a different IP address: For example:

Instance test-00.vmnet has a true IP address of 192.168.1.134
(confirmed by ifconfig in the console), but DNS thinks it's IP address
is 192.168.1.251 (via nslookup test-00.vmnet).

It only happens on roughshark, it happens to every instance created on
roughshark, and it never happens on other hosts.

Does this sound like a host configuration issue to you?

Thanks!
Dave

-- David O'Hallaron
-- Prof of CS and ECE, Carnegie Mellon University
-- contact: http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~droh