From "Gass, Richard" <richard.g...@intel.com>
Subject RE: svn commit: r948311 - in /incubator/tashi/trunk/etc: NodeManager.cfg TashiDefaults.cfg
Date Wed, 26 May 2010 08:09:55 GMT
Michael,

The reason I feel that this change is necessary is make the initial setup process for the
first time user easier.  Today, I was helping a student that was trying to get Tashi up and
running.  The configuration file (TashiDefaults) has "clustermanger" for about nine different
config options, (some for usernames, some for a password, and for hosts).  I realize this
is an example config file and local changes should be done on your local version.  However,
the defaults, having the same name for multiple options can be confusing.  By setting the
 "host = localhost", the default config file will allow Tashi to startup without issues or
modification (on a single machine setup anyways).
If you don't like the change, then I propose to make each example option more descriptive(e.g.,
username = clustermanagerusername, password = clustermanagerpassword, host = clustermanagerhostnameorip,
or something similar) as to not confuse the excited first time user that just wants to get
Tashi up and running. (It took me a few minutes to figure out what was going on...).  We should
also update the documentation on the website and explicitly say to check the hostname in the
config file.

Do we take a poll on this change or what?

Also,
I think we should change "vmm = Tashi.nodemanager.vmcontrol.Qemu" in both TashiDefaults.cfg
and NodeManager.cfg since one is currently set to Qemu and the other is set to Xen.

Farewell,
Richard