From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Help for IP clearance/new committer
Date Mon, 21 Dec 2009 21:41:20 GMT
Hi Michael,

The IP clearance is not normally done in incubator since the entire IP
in the podling code base is in a sense being cleared.

But Richard should not wait to send in his CCLA/Grant, ICLA, and ICLAs
for any other authors of the code.

The CCLA/Grant is the only thing I'd wait for before committing the
code to the Tashi repository. If you also want Richard to be a
committer, there's a process for that:

http://incubator.apache.org/guides/ppmc.html#Voting+in+a+new+committer

Craig

On Dec 21, 2009, at 12:28 PM, Ryan, Michael P wrote:

> I was wondering if I could get some help/guidance form our mentors
> on something.  I've been working with someone else on the
> possibility of merging another project called Zoni in with Tashi.
> Zoni is a system for managing physical machines in a cluster.
>
> I've generated as much of the IP clearance XML as I can and have
> attached it to TASHI-7 (a jira issue).  Richard Gass (the primary
> developer of Zoni outside of Apache), has attahced the source code
> to the jira as well.  As part of this process, I would push for
> Richard becoming a committer for Tashi.
>
> My question is around whether I should be requesting additional
> permissions to drive the IP clearance process or whether that's
> something someone else should own.  Additionally, should Richard
> wait until the process is further along or should he send in his
> ICLA, CCLA, and software grant forms now?  I'm sorry if I've
> misunderstood part of the process or if my question seems off-base.
> Thanks.
>
> - Michael Ryan

Craig L Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com