From "Ryan, Michael P" <michael.p.r...@intel.com>
Subject Help for IP clearance/new committer
Date Mon, 21 Dec 2009 20:28:12 GMT
I was wondering if I could get some help/guidance form our mentors on something.  I've been
working with someone else on the possibility of merging another project called Zoni in with
Tashi.  Zoni is a system for managing physical machines in a cluster.

I've generated as much of the IP clearance XML as I can and have attached it to TASHI-7 (a
jira issue).  Richard Gass (the primary developer of Zoni outside of Apache), has attahced
the source code to the jira as well.  As part of this process, I would push for Richard becoming
a committer for Tashi.

My question is around whether I should be requesting additional permissions to drive the IP
clearance process or whether that's something someone else should own.  Additionally, should
Richard wait until the process is further along or should he send in his ICLA, CCLA, and software
grant forms now?  I'm sorry if I've misunderstood part of the process or if my question seems
off-base.  Thanks.

- Michael Ryan