From Jordi Clement <>
Subject "Virtual" resources - resources not tied to an actual application or system account
Date Wed, 17 Oct 2012 11:09:45 GMT
Hi everyone,

Syncope currently does not provide something like "virtual resources", i.e. every resource
is related to a connector and a target system / application. Virtual resources on the other
hand can basically be anything, for instance a mobile phone or hardware token you'd like to
"provision" to the user and include in your workflow and that you want to manage through the
user's identity lifecycle.

I've implemented provisioning solutions in the past that supported these "virtual" resources
and it's something that, if available, we would put to good use right away.

What do you guys think? Would that be a good addition to Syncope's functionality? And is there
a way we could simulate such a resource now (for instance, using an "empty" connector that
we could tie to these virtual resources?).

kind regards,

View raw message