From Martin van Es <mrva...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: csvdir connector
Date Fri, 19 Oct 2012 08:06:24 GMT
Hi Francesco,

On Thu, Oct 18, 2012 at 3:23 PM, Francesco Chicchiriccò
<ilgrosso@apache.org> wrote:
> Martin,
> a couple of thoughts:
>
> 1. One way to accomplish your task (i.e. upgrade the connector bundle
> version in an existing connector instance) without being forced to
> re-define all the components named above would have been to export the
> configuration as XML, make the necessary correction and then re-import
> the modified content.xml.

Its good to know that path exists, I was nearly diving into the
database to see where the connector values were stored ;)

> I agree that this is not "production-ready" but it mostly fits in a dev
> scenario.

If it works realiable, I don't see why that wouldn't be production
ready. I don't need fancy buttons, I asked for a way to not have to
reassociate thousands of users to a new resource. This would fit the
bill I guess?

> 2. ...
> Instead, we could allow to change the connector instance of an existing
> resource

That would be the next best alternative and get my vote immediately!
It would also allow for quick connector debugging in dev environment.
Even better: It would allow for switching between test/prod resources
without having to reassociate the synchronisation tasks... don't know
if that's smart, but it'd be nice to have the possibility.

Martin
--
If 'but' was any useful, it would be a logic operator