From Martin van Es <mrva...@gmail.com>
Subject csvdir connector
Date Fri, 12 Oct 2012 20:24:49 GMT
Hi,

My name is Martin and I'm making my first steps into Syncope. In line
of my expertise as an Identity Manager (NetIQ) consultant, my first
goal is just to experiment and see what it can do and so far I was
able to setup syncope + ldap. Now however I'd like to sync the
accounts to CSV file just for simple reason of inspection of the
synchronisation result and fun.

I configured the csvdir connector to contain several columns and
assigned one of them to the keyColumnNames (uname). In the resources
tab I carefuly configured the Username to be mapped as AccountId
(which is the equivalent of "uname becomes username" as far as I
understand the LDAP example. The rest of the colums are assigned
arbitrary values. I am able to succesfully sync the user to csv but,
the username never gets synced to the file. The contents perfectly
reflect the user details, except for the username (which is key) and
is set to "null". And thus I can't retrieve status information of the
user and after reconciliation I get a new user "null" added to the
repository.

Questions:
Is the csvdir connector broken, or do I miss something?
What would be the correct setting for "Account link" in the csvdir
connector? I've set it to anything ranging from empty to 'uname=' +
username, but nothing happens to the Account Link column of the
account after synchronisation (it always shows an empty string, where
the LDAP resource shows uid=foobar,ou=people,dc=foo,dc=nl).

Best regards,
Martin
--
If 'but' was any useful, it would be a logic operator