From Francesco Chicchiriccò <>
Subject Re: Error creating "virtual resource"
Date Wed, 24 Oct 2012 07:26:53 GMT
On 23/10/2012 22:02, Jordi Clement wrote:
> Hi,
> I've tried to simulate "virtual resources" (as discussed the last few
> days) in Syncope v0.7.1. This is what I did:
> 1. I created a new connector with name "Virtual.Connector" of type
> Zimbra (one of the connectors we've developed ourselves) without any
> capabilities.
> 2. I created and configured a resource with name "Virtual.Resource"
> using the newly created connector (Virtual.Connector). I had to add an
> entry for the accountId to the schema map:
> - Internal mapping value: SyncopeUserId
> - AccountId: checked
> 3. I then tried to save but ended up with a Wicket error. The last few
> lines say:
> *ERROR: *Wicket.Ajax.Call.failure: Error while parsing response: Could not find root
<ajax-response> element
> *INFO: *Invoking post-call handler(s)...
> *INFO: *Invoking failure handler(s)...
> Any idea what I could have done wrong? Anyone care to try to reproduce?

Hi Jordi,
I guess that this failure is mostly related to the connector bundle
(Zimbra? interesting!) you are using or at most to the outdated version

I've created a simple project [1] with latest stable version
1.0.2-incubating as proof-of-concept of the approach already discussed
[2]: everything is working as expected, with some limitation, as reported.

Francesco Chicchiriccò