From Francesco Chicchiriccò <ilgro...@apache.org>
Subject Re: "Virtual" resources - resources not tied to an actual application or system account
Date Mon, 22 Oct 2012 09:36:37 GMT
On 22/10/2012 11:23, Jordi Clement wrote:
> Hi.
>
> all clear. I'll try to configure a "virtual resource" using the method suggested and
report back. But what if we would implement this ourselves? How would we go about this? Decide
on the implementation strategy over the mailing list, make the change and than handover a
patch for someone to commit? Can we get someone from our team to commit code? Should this
be discussed over the developers mailing list? We maybe have some other (minor) stuff worth
committing.

dev ML is definitely the right place for such discussion.

Generally speaking, take a look at some ASF docs about contributing [1] [2].

In practice, the straight place to contribute some code is to discuss on
dev ML, get some feedback / consensus, open an issue on JIRA, provide
some patch(es).

Becoming commiter is just as easy as contributing code / documentation /
discussion on a regular base :-)

Regards.

[1] http://www.apache.org/foundation/how-it-works.html#meritocracy
[2] http://www.apache.org/dev/contributors.html