From Francesco Chicchiriccò <ilgro...@apache.org>
Subject Re: csvdir connector
Date Thu, 18 Oct 2012 13:23:52 GMT
On 18/10/2012 08:47, Martin van Es wrote:
> Hi Francesco,
>
> On Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 6:04 PM, Francesco Chicchiriccò<ilgrosso@apache.org> wrote:
>> FYI, CSVDir connector bundle 0.5 (including this fix) was released yesterday: I've
updated the SNAPSHOT versions to include it.
> Thx for the quick fix!
>
> Dropped the csvdir 0.5 jar in my bundles dir and it works. One remark however: It's a
PITA to deploy this new connector because I can not reassign a new bundle to an existing connector,
nor was I able to assign a different connector to an existing resource. I even had to reconstruct
my synchronisation task!
> I realise this scenario is not likely to happen in production, but I don't want to think
about the complications of un- and re-assigning 10.000+ resources to my population just because
a critical bug or
> feature xyz was fixed in some back-end driver?! Maybe we could at least think of a way
to allow reassigning connector bundles if only the minor version was changed or so?

Martin,
a couple of thoughts:

1. One way to accomplish your task (i.e. upgrade the connector bundle
version in an existing connector instance) without being forced to
re-define all the components named above would have been to export the
configuration as XML, make the necessary correction and then re-import
the modified content.xml.
I agree that this is not "production-ready" but it mostly fits in a dev
scenario.

2. Allowing to change the bundle of an existing connector instance would
be quite hard to deal with, mainly because each version of any bundle
has its own specific configuration.
Instead, we could allow to change the connector instance of an existing
resource, or even to have resources without any connector instance
associated: this should go in the direction we are currently discussing
at [1].

Regards.

[1]
http://syncope-user.1051894.n5.nabble.com/quot-Virtual-quot-resources-resources-not-tied-to-an-actual-application-or-system-account-td5706735.html