From Francesco Chicchiriccò <ilgro...@apache.org>
Subject Re: "Virtual" resources - resources not tied to an actual application or system account
Date Wed, 17 Oct 2012 11:21:54 GMT
On 17/10/2012 13:09, Jordi Clement wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Syncope currently does not provide something like "virtual resources", i.e. every resource
is related to a connector and a target system / application. Virtual resources on the other
hand can basically be anything, for instance a mobile phone or hardware token you'd like to
"provision" to the user and include in your workflow and that you want to manage through the
user's identity lifecycle.

> I've implemented provisioning solutions in the past that supported these "virtual" resources
and it's something that, if available, we would put to good use right away.

> What do you guys think? Would that be a good addition to Syncope's functionality?

Hi Jordi,
this sounds very interesting: you are basically proposing to have
'empty' resources - i.e. external resources without an associated
connector instance - to be used like as 'marker' for users and / or
roles. Correct?

If so, this could also be in the direction of SYNCOPE-167 [1].

> And is there a way we could simulate such a resource now (for instance, using an "empty"
connector that we could tie to these virtual resources?).

The closest match to what you describe above would be to define a
connector instance (of *any* connector bundle) with no capabilities,
then create an external resource with such connector instance.

You will, though, get some "noise" in the logs (see error message at [2]).

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Regards.

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SYNCOPE-167
[2]