From Francesco Chicchiriccò <ilgro...@apache.org>
Subject Re: csvdir connector
Date Mon, 15 Oct 2012 08:38:25 GMT
On 12/10/2012 22:24, Martin van Es wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My name is Martin and I'm making my first steps into Syncope. In line of my expertise
as an Identity Manager (NetIQ) consultant, my first goal is just to experiment and see what
it can do and so far I was able to setup syncope + ldap. Now however I'd like to sync the
accounts to CSV file just for simple reason of inspection of the synchronisation result and
fun.

> I configured the csvdir connector to contain several columns and assigned one of them
to the keyColumnNames (uname). In the resources tab I carefuly configured the Username to
be mapped as AccountId (which is the equivalent of "uname becomes username" as far as I understand
the LDAP example. The rest of the colums are assigned arbitrary values. I am able to succesfully
sync the user to csv but, the username never gets synced to the file. The contents perfectly
reflect the user details, except for the username (which is key) and
> is set to "null". And thus I can't retrieve status information of the user and after
reconciliation I get a new user "null" added to the repository.

Hi Martin,
first of all, thanks for your interest in Syncope!

> Questions:
> Is the csvdir connector broken, or do I miss something?

I've just tried to replicate your setup and got the same problem: opened
[1] for this - please start it if you want to get notified.

> What would be the correct setting for "Account link" in the csvdir
> connector? I've set it to anything ranging from empty to 'uname=' +
> username, but nothing happens to the Account Link column of the
> account after synchronisation (it always shows an empty string, where
> the LDAP resource shows uid=foobar,ou=people,dc=foo,dc=nl).

'AccountLink' is (currently) only meaningful for LDAP and
ActiveDirectory connector bundles but might cause misbehaviours when
valued for other connector bundles: I've opened SYNCOPE-221 for this.

Short tip: leave it empty for any connector bundle but LDAP or AD.

Regards.

[1] https://code.google.com/p/connid/issues/detail?id=51

--
Francesco Chicchiriccò