From Marco Di Sabatino Di Diodoro <marco.disabat...@tirasa.net>
Subject Re: [connid-users] Re: Syncope | Error while provisioning user to LDAP
Date Thu, 15 Mar 2012 15:32:43 GMT

On Mar 15, 2012, at 4:22 PM, Antony Pulicken wrote:

> Hi Fabio,
>
> Do you have any idea why the Username is not getting populated on the account link? Is
it working on your side ? Please let me know.

> Regards,
> Antony.
>
> On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 4:23 PM, Antony Pulicken <antony.pulicken@gmail.com> wrote:
> I had tried that before and tried it again now. If I configure 'Username' in the account
link, LDAP create will fail with this error:

> uid=,ou=people,dc=opensso,dc=java,dc=net: [LDAP: error code 34 - The provided value "uid=,ou=people,dc=opensso,dc=java,dc=net"

> could not be parsed as a valid distinguished name because an attribute value started
with a character at position 5 that needs to be escaped]

> Even though the user is created in syncope with a valid 'Username', it doesn't get populated
in the account link and that is why I added uid as a workaround. Seems like a defect to me.
What do you think?

username must be written all in lower case

Regards
Marco

> Regards,
> Antony.
>

> On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 3:57 PM, Fabio Martelli <fabio.martelli@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Il giorno 15/mar/2012, alle ore 10.59, Antony Pulicken ha scritto:
>
>> Thanks a lot Fabio and get well soon :-)
>>
>> 1. We are using OpenDS
>> 2. I have attached the screenshots of mapping and the connector configuration
>>
>> I'm facing another issue now. I doubt it is occurring because the LDAP connector
configuration is incorrect. The issue is the updates from AD are not getting synced to LDAP.
When an update happens in AD, it's getting synced to syncope and then the LDAP search is getting
invoked. Even though the user exists in LDAP, it's returning null and because of that Create
is getting triggered. Can you please take a look at the configuration and spot anything that
is obvious ?

> Hi Antony,
> you are using uid in your AccountLink and Username as AccountId --> this could generate
problems ....

> 1. Consider that in this way syncope will create users with specified DN (AccountLink)
but it will search for users using the Username
> 2. In a certain way you are creating an entry specifying two UIDs:  as far as I know,
this happens because you are creating an entry specifying the dn (including the former uid
value) and the uid attribute (latter uid value). This is absolutely normal if and only if
the two UIDs are the same.

> Can you try to use Username into the AccountLink as well.
>
> Regards,
> F.
>

>> Regards,
>> Antony.
>>

>> On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 1:33 PM, Fabio Martelli <fabio.martelli@gmail.com>
wrote:
>> Hi Antony, could you give me more info to reproduce the problem?
>>
>> 1. What ldap server are you using?
>> 2. Can you provide your connector configuration screenshot?
>>
>> I am sick at the moment but  I will do my best to reply to you asap.
>>
>> Regards,
>> F.
>>
>> Il giorno 14/mar/2012 04:39, "Antony Pulicken" <antony.pulicken@gmail.com>
ha scritto:

>> Thanks fabio for the response. I removed the Uid attribute mapping, but the result
is the same.  The javax.naming.directory.Attributes object passed to the LdapSchemaMapping.create()
still has 'entryuuid=entryUUID: user314' as one of the value and it fails if I don't add the
check that I mentioned in my earlier mail.

>> Regards,
>> Antony.
>>
>> On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 3:32 PM, Fabio Martelli <fabio.martelli@gmail.com>
wrote:

>> Il giorno 13/mar/2012, alle ore 06.43, Antony Pulicken ha scritto:
>>
>>> Attaching the screenshots again as there was some issue last time....
>>>
>>> On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 11:08 AM, Antony Pulicken <antony.pulicken@gmail.com>
wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I'm getting the following error while provisioning a user from syncope to LDAP.

>>> org.identityconnectors.framework.common.exceptions.ConnectorException: javax.naming.OperationNotSupportedException:
[LDAP: error code 53 - Entry uid=user201,ou=people,dc=opensso,dc=java,dc=net cannot be added
because it includes attribute entryUUID which is defined as NO-USER-MODIFICATION in the server
schema]; remaining name 'uid=user201,ou=people,dc=opensso,dc=java,dc=net'
>>>     at org.identityconnectors.ldap.schema.LdapSchemaMapping.create(LdapSchemaMapping.java:325)
~[na:na]
>>>     at org.identityconnectors.ldap.modify.LdapCreate$1.access(LdapCreate.java:144)
~[na:na]
>>>     at org.identityconnectors.ldap.schema.GuardedPasswordAttribute$Simple$1.access(GuardedPasswordAttribute.java:75)
~[na:na]

>>> I think the attribute 'entryUUID' is getting included because we are setting
one of the field/mapping as the account Id (and it's mandatory to do that in Syncope).

>>> It worked only when I added a check for 'entryUUID' and excluded the same from
the attributes while creating the sub context in the LDAP connector code (LdapSchemaMapping.create()).
Please let me know whether there is any better way to make it work?

>>> I have also attached the screen shot of my LDAP Resource mapping un syncope.
>>
>> Hi Antony,
>> you don't have to map uid. Uid attribute mapping will be generated implicitly  be
defining the AccountId.

>> Let me know if the problem persists.
>>
>> Regards,
>> F.
>>

>>> Regards,
>>> Antony.
>>>
>>> <Screen Shot 2012-03-13 at 11.12.23 AM.png><Screen Shot 2012-03-13 at
11.12.43 AM.png>

>> <Screen Shot 2012-03-15 at 3.26.51 PM.png><Screen Shot 2012-03-15 at 3.27.08
PM.png><Screen Shot 2012-03-15 at 3.28.07 PM.png>

--

Dott. Marco Di Sabatino Di Diodoro
Tel. +39 3939065570

Tirasa S.r.l.