From Fabio Martelli <fabio.marte...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using Synchronization Task for provisioning to multiple target systems
Date Tue, 13 Mar 2012 10:25:11 GMT

Il giorno 13/mar/2012, alle ore 06.54, Antony Pulicken ha scritto:

> Thanks Fabio.
>
> I configured an user Template for the synchronization task like you mentioned and the
only thing I configured in the user template is LDAP resource. After that, I created a user
in AD and executed the sync task again from the syncope console. The user got created in syncope
and also got successfully provisioned to LDAP, and I can see a CREATE task in the task list
with the status as success .

> But I also see an additional Update task with the status as 'FAILURE'  and the task detail
has the following error message.

> [LDAP: error code 68 - The entry uid=user305,ou=people,dc=opensso,dc=java,dc=net cannot
be added because an entry with that name already exists]

> Do you know why it's happening? Why an 'Update' is getting triggered automatically ?
Please let me know in case you have any suggestions.

Hi Antony,
this issue has been fixed into the trunk. Unfortunately I am not able to retrieve the closed
issue on googlecode.

The fix will be provided with the next early official release. Up to this release you can
check your case with the latest available SNAPSHOT.

Regards,
F.

> Thanks and Regards,
> Antony.
>

> On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 5:08 PM, Fabio Martelli <fabio.martelli@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Il giorno 12/mar/2012, alle ore 12.33, Antony Pulicken ha scritto:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > We are using Syncope 0.7.1 and we are able to successfully synchronize users from
AD to Syncope.

> > What we would like to do now it to automatically provision these users to multiple
target systems once it's synched to Syncope from AD. I'm not able to figure out how this configuration
can be done using Syncope console. Can you please guide me on this? In the earlier version
of Syncope that we were using, we had extended PropagationManager to achieve this.

> Hi Antony,
> you can implement this feature by configuring an user template for the synchronization
task.
> With this new feature you can add resources to the synchronized users automatically.
>
> Regards,
> F.
>
> > By the way, I have not got any mails from this group even though I'm subscribed
to this group since few weeks. So, please copy on this mail id as well when you respond.